Monday 9 June 2014

Juneathon Day 8 - I am now a RUNNER!

The lovely weather of yesterday continued today, so it seemed a perfect opportunity to get on with some jobs in the garden.

Earlier in the year, Mr D made me a couple of vegetable beds from some old scaffold boards.  Little Miss and I sowed a multitude of salad seeds, but have been having a losing battle against the slugs. They LOVED our radishes and lettuces and at present have a taste for my potatoes!

In my plastic greenhouse I have been growing some red and yellow tomatoes, green peppers and chili peppers. Today was the day I chose to transplant them into the big beds.


I have been out there tonight and although the slugs seem to be leaving my little plants alone, I pulled a myriad of them of my spuds. GRRR!!!

Leaving Mr D and Miss H putting up a tent in the garden, I set out to complete the next stage of the C25K programme. Today was Week 6 Run 3 which consisted of 25 minutes continuous running.

This sounded like a big step up from the 2 x 10 minutes I did on Thursday, but as I always find the first 5 minutes of running are the worst, at least I only had to go through that once tonight!

It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, and I even felt like I was striding out - like a "proper" runner might do - during the last 5 minutes. I covered @2.5k in the time which is roughly 10 min/k. Not exactly Paula Radcliffe standards but it will do for me.

1 comment:

  1. Well done you! Nothing like the feeling of being a 'proper' runner!

    ReplyDelete