Tuesday 24 June 2014

Juneathon Day 22 - Phew. What a Day!

Miss H has been training with and swimming for Didcot Barramundi Swimming Club for about a year now. It is all run by volunteers - which are of course us parents.

I have recently been CRB checked so that I am able to be a Team Manager at Galas. This means ensuring that the kids are sent off at the right time to swim their races, log times and results, and keep up morale and lead the cheering.

The opportunity also came up to start training to become a Level 1 Gala Judge, and I went to my first briefing today. We went through all the tasks that the role involves - mainly either timing swims or checking there are no rule violations during turns. Now I need to get some experience of actually doing the job at a gala!

 
After that had melted my brain, the second meeting of the day was the club AGM! For a pretty small club we do produce some good swimmers with this year two of our boys have qualified for the National Age Group Championships - one of which is only 12!

As it is Sunday, I spent some time making sure that bags and shirts and uniform etc. was all ready to start the week, so it wasn't until after dinner that I got the chance for today's exercise. I completed Run 1 of Week 8 which is 28 minutes continuous running. Phew!

Juneathon Running Total = 66.6k


No comments:

Post a Comment