Thursday 12 June 2014

Juneathon Day 12

I had the dentist this morning and didn't have time to walk around the village first. 

I have had a real phobia about the dentist since I was picked up and thrown in the chair by one when I was about 10 years old. I had just seen my sister get a filling and he had had to put some sort of contraption in her mouth to do it. I apparently got a bit hysterical and didn't want to get my teeth checked and he lost patience with me! So I have avoided going as much as possible over the years and it was only Miss H cracking a tooth last Halloween that has forced me to go.

Today I had to have a filling - even though there was no visible hole - as pressure from a neighbouring tooth has caused some internal decay. I was hyperventilating and on the verge of tears in the waiting room, but managed to compose myself up to the point the drill was about to go in. I must admit that it was then that the wheels fell off and it was some minutes before the dentist could get on with her job. Thank Goodness I don't have to go back for another 6 months!

This evening I attended a "How We Teach Maths To Your Children" meeting at school. I freely admit to not knowing anything about number grids and chunking so I hope Miss H doesn't want any help with her homework!

After all that I headed out for a late evening run. I completed Week 7 Run 1 which is 25 minutes continuous running (just like W6R3) and I covered 3.6k.

Juneathon Running total = 31.7k

No comments:

Post a Comment